• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

SFG75

Right now, mine is pretty bad. How's 'bout you pop?(A little Adam Sandler Tollbooth Willy lingo there):) :cool:

It's not too nice here either. But at least we seem to have missed the brunt of the storm:

ADVERTISEMENT

Your weather and...

Ski Resort Weather

· Fall Leaf Color
· Camping Weather
· Flu Outbreak?
· Airport Conditions
· Free Weather Alerts

Maps

Central U.S. Satellite
· Kansas Heartland Close Radar
· Central U.S. Regional Radar
· Central U.S. Outlook

More Maps...

Weather Video
Sunday's Weather Briefing - (11/27/2005 3:02 PM)
Severe Weather Outlook for Monday - (11/27/2005 3:02 PM)
More Video...

Weather

Clearwater, KS * 27...40 F
Peck, KS * 27...39 F
Haysville, KS * 27...39 F
*indicates severe weather alert

Nearby Locations
· Wichita/McConnell AFB
· Haysville
· Derby
· Wichita/Jabara Arpt
· Kechi
· Andover

Inside Weather
· Maps and Images
U.S. National, U.S. Local, World
· Storm Center
· Weather News
· Weather via RSS

Wichita Weather

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at: 5:55 am CST F° | C°

Currently:
30°

Light Snow Grains/Windy High: 40°

Low: 28°

· Text Forecast
· Records & Averages
· Severe Weather Alert
· Get this forecast by email

5 Day Forecast

Today Tomorrow Wed Thu Fri 6-10 Day

Rain/Snow/Wind

High: 40°
Low: 28°

Sunny

High: 45°
Low: 27°

Sunny

High: 54°
Low: 25°

Mostly Sunny

High: 45°
Low: 27°

Partly Cloudy

High: 51°
Low: 37°
Extended Forecast

Featured Forecasts at weather.com:
Fall Leaf Color | Flu Outbreak? | Ski Resort Weather

More Current Conditions
Feels Like: 18° Dewpoint: 27°
Barometer: 29.35 in and rising Wind: WNW 20 mph
Humidity: 83% Sunrise: 7:23 am
Visibility: 9.66 mi Sunset: 5:11 pm

Local Forecast - (How to Read This)

Today: Periods of rain and snow this morning. A few snow showers in the afternoon - otherwise, mostly cloudy and windy. High near 40F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Tonight: Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. Low 28F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.

Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High near 45F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Tomorrow night: Clear skies. Low 27F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the mid 20s.

Thursday: A few clouds. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Friday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 30s.

I hear that mom2kngr's neck of the woods has blizzard like conditions-at least that's what the brother in law in Norton told me. Lucky guy is probably smoking his darn Cohiba Esplendido cigars at the Dairy Queen.:rolleyes: *sighs*

Cold! :( We had some light snow a few days ago, and winter has only just started. :eek: I think I've been spoilt by Australian weather for too long. :rolleyes:

Not bad here. A little rain this morning, but it's going to be in the 60s this afternoon.

It's cold here, but not cold enough for me. I want snow, snow, and then more snow. A new ice age would suit me fine.

Its cold here in liverpool as well and it did snow for about an hr this morning!

I want more snow :)

CDA said:
It's cold here, but not cold enough for me. I want snow, snow, and then more snow. A new ice age would suit me fine.

Reminds me of this classic.

SOME say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, 5
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert said:
Not bad here. A little rain this morning, but it's going to be in the 60s this afternoon.
It is about the same here. drizzle this morning but should have temp's in high 50's or low 60's today.

Time for my treadmill workout, think I will put on the Folsom Prison CD by Johnny Cash while on treadmill.

OMG....You are right...it is really ugly out here in my neck of the woods!
It is 25F out with a windchill of 9F. We have wind from NW at 28 mph
gusting to 40 mph. Visibility is 0.2 miles.
I drove to town last night in 4 wheel drive the whole way not going over 30 and when i got to town the town was blacked out and i couldnt even get gas. Our four wheel drive truck is almost empty!:( Good thing tomorrow is looking up :) Oh and then hubby just called and said what can u make for supper tonight that can feed us and 2-3 more. I guess some of the farm guys are staying here tonight rather than try to attempt there ways home. Just as well to keep everyone safe!!

It's chilly out (-3 C), but a fresh dusting of snow made the footpaths less slippery this morning. Humidity is at 100%, so this afternoon's precipitation could go either way. If it rains it'll be a dangerous walk home. :(

We missed all of the nastiness that's going on further north, but the wind has blown 30-40 mph for the last 24 hours straight with gusts over 60. We've had to put rocks in our youngest kids' pockets to keep them on the ground.
CDA said:
I'm with you. That kind of snow and cold are only dreams here most of the time.

It's been raining very heavily all day, and I've been trudging around in it on a rather frustrating bid to get some Christmas shopping done.

CDA and ruby - stop asking for snow. :mad: I don't want any, thank you very much. It can snow on Christmas Day, so it all looks very nice and festive and I don't have to go out in it, but that's it.

It's still hot! Yesterday, when driving from San Antonio to Austin, I had to turn on the AC :( Damn global warming.

It should be cold now (it should've been cold at the end of Oct.) - even in Texas.

As my nephew puts it "yucky day".

It's said that New England really only has three seasons (instead of the normal four). They are winter, mud and construction. The past two weeks have moved us right into winter full force. I've got a couple inches of slowly melting snow in my yard and every night seems to bring more snow or sleet. I haven't seen the sun in days, and it is getting depressing. I can't believe I have months to go before it gets warm again. While this is miserable, I know it is only going to get worse. I deal with a perpetual coating of roughly 12" of snow all winter long. It melts a tad, forms an ice crust and then gets covered with more snow. The poor dog hates it.

My weatherbugs tell me(loudly!) that it's snowing here now. Upon further questioning, it turns out, its merely flurries. But to my 4 year old, that means it's Christmas already;) Good thing for him, he's wrong!

Halo said:
CDA and ruby - stop asking for snow. :mad: I don't want any, thank you very much. It can snow on Christmas Day, so it all looks very nice and festive and I don't have to go out in it, but that's it.

No! Will ask for snow if a wanna! SNOW! SNOW!!!:D

CDA said:
No! Will ask for snow if a wanna! SNOW! SNOW!!!:D

I like a good snow..ONE good snow per season. Then I'm ready for 75 degrees again. What we usually get is a little snow now and then, but lots of cold, ice, and wind. Not so much fun as a good snowfall.

abecedarian said:
I like a good snow..ONE good snow per season. Then I'm ready for 75 degrees again. What we usually get is a little snow now and then, but lots of cold, ice, and wind. Not so much fun as a good snowfall.

Yes, I'm good with one nice snow a year. Since we had that on Thanksgiving, I'm ready for spring. Speaking of wind, I read an interesting article a few days ago calling Kansas the "Saudi Arabia of wind". It was basically talking about how we should use more clean natural resources, like wind power. Kansas seems to be at the forefront of the discussion. Is this something huge in Kansas right now? Or was it just some politico spouting off?

Back