• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I am Jack's Fight Club Thread

STARKWETHER

Who doesn't like Fight Club?

It's got a schizo protagonist (we never really learn his name).

Tasteful violence.

And good-natured tomfoolery all around.

Oh yeah. And Man Boobs.

Remaining Men Together....LOL :D

I've seen the film I don't know how many times.

What kind of dining set fits me as a person?

Indeed, who doesn't like Fight Club? I haven't met a non-fan yet. This was one of the films with which I had the unfortunate experience of walking into a friend's living room at the climax of the movie, thus seeing the end before I'd seen any of the film. Ruins it just a little upon another, proper viewing! (This also happened with The Matrix, but the result there was less of a 'Oh no, that ruined the ending for me' and more of a 'My brain has melted; what the hell is going on?')

The Pitt and Norton factor is a major contributor to my love for this movie. BTW, one of my favourite scenes from Spaced, for those who have seen the show, is when Tim and Mike go to Robot Club. Brilliant:

Robot Club host: "The first rule of Robot Club is: you do not talk about Robot Club. The second rule of Robot Club is: you do not talk about...no wait, I've got that wrong (consults piece of paper). The second rule is: no smoking."

I know a couple of people who didn't like it. I remember the first time I saw it, I was in a very bad depressing mood, but in every minute I was pulled in the movie. I love this movie, plus I bought the novel. Did anyone read it?

Back