• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I can't read a book more than a 20-40 mintues.

Maor

Hello everyone.

I have some problem reading books. It is very hard to explain but it kind of lossing the concentration after 20-40 mintues.

I start reading book and understanding it perfectly, but after some mintues I start loosing the context and all I do is reading without understanding but for some reason I keep reading even though I dont actaully know what I am reading, I just read.

My native language is hebrew. However, I read in english more than I read in hebrew. It happens when I read in hebrew as it happens when I read in english. I just loose the context, and I have no idea what I am reading .

suggestions ?

Last edited:
Make an effort to read for twenty minutes only then put the book down and do something else. If you do that five times in a day that would be an hour of reading.

I agree, I tend to read in small chunks a day as well. But I think whatever pattern works for you is good as long as you enjoy.

Back