• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I got a job...

Geenh

... working in an Australian bakery - once again, how ironic! Now I won't starve and I can be around the Australian owners for a bit of a reminder of home. YAY!

I am a very happy girl!

Well, I am American by birth but have been calling Australia home for the last decade. Now, I am holed up in Atlanta, Ga. I like it here but I do miss Australia, that's why it will be good working in an Australian bakery.

Congrats on the bakery job! Given the choice, working in a bakery would be one of my top jobs. However, there aren't many around here and the pay just isn't enough for me :(.

Congratulations! My first job was working in a bakery shop on a Saturday. When the shop closed, the owner used to let us take home all the unsold cream cakes for free, as they wouldn't keep. I used to cycle home with about 3 boxes tied to the back of my bike! :D Ah, happy days...

mahastings - seeing as in Oz I am in clinical neurophysiology, I won't be happy with the pay but I don't care... a few months without thinking will be good for me, although I have started dreaming about science/medicine so I must miss it really.

Halo - I've never worked at a bakery but was told by the boss that we get to empty the shop out of what will be a day old the next day. I see some weight piling onto my scrawny hips!

Good on you!! I just left a message regarding Aussie baked goods on the heart/mind thread. Congratulations! What kind of goodies do they sell? And do they ship to Canada? :D

So how's the new job? What kind of stuff they got you doing....besides looking hot behind the counter....:D

Delicious

Wow, can you name some typically Australian bakery products? I've tasted German, Italian and English cakes so far, how about Australian? What's special about them?
I'm so curious....make us taste them, at least virtually.:p

Moto I am sorry! I didn't realise! I am pouting a little. Is it working?

Enya - well, Australians like pies. Steak and cheese pies, meat pies, curreid lamb pies. Plus we have lammingtons and such.

I wish I could make you taste them but I am a vegie so I have only haad the vegetarian stuff like the veg pastie (pronounced pass-tee) and the spinach and feta triangle. Yum! Also the spinach and feta brekkie pie. Yummo!

Hmmm. I have the key ot the bakery... I may have to sneak in and get some tucker!

Back