• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I have a question! =P

I was just wondering why making attachments isn't available here.

It's just easier for everyone if that option were available.

An example is when we've got to show a picture, but then not everyone has a site that could host the picture for us, so we may not be able to show the pics we want that are on our hard drive, anytime.

Just wondering. =/

I think its to do with the fact that attachments have to be loaded onto the board, which eats up precious server space and costs more money.

Phil

And who knows what people might start uploading...

If it's just pictures, there are a lot of free photo sites out there.

phil_t said:
I think its to do with the fact that attachments have to be loaded onto the board, which eats up precious server space and costs more money.

Phil

You may be right... it may cost a lot more money.

lies said:
And who knows what people might start uploading...

If it's just pictures, there are a lot of free photo sites out there.

lol! then there should be rules regarding what pictures are supposed to be uploaded.

I can't really see the need for attachments on this forum, which is for discussing books. Attachments are stored on the server and every time they are displayed they use bandwith, all of which costs money.

Some ISPs give 10Mb of space where people can store files for displaying on other website. Alternatively you may be able to use something like Yahoo Geocities.

Darren.

Back