• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I need help identifying a fantasy book.

avidreader

When I was in the 8th grade I read a book about fantasy that I absolutely loved, yet I can't remember the title. I will describe it the best I can and hope someone out there recognizes it and can offer some help.

The book starts out with a young man waking up dazed and confused about who he is. He comes across this elderly couple who nurse him back to health and send him to a dragon in the mountains. The dragon helps him realize he is the progeny of great wizards, and he is a wizard as well. He practices his magic and then goes off to a magical world to fight the the evil wizard.

I also remember something about a wall of magical stones. I can't remember their purpose, just that he had to break their spell or something like that.

Edit: I do remember what a little of the cover of the book looked like. It had a picture of the dragon in it's den and an amulet that the hero wears. I want to say the title included either Dragon or the word land, referring to the magical place, but I can't remember for sure.

This is pretty much all I can recollect. If anyone can help, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance.

For anybody that might be interested, the name of the book is Magicians of Erianne by James Berry. Very good book. At least it was when I was younger.

Back