• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I Need Your Help!

kari

OK Everyone. So here's the deal: I'm 19 now but when i was in grade 1 (about 13 years ago) my teacher read us this adventure book thing. I don't remember very much about it but what i do remember is that there were these two kids and they travelled to mystical lands with giants or whatever different types of creatures living there. Each chapter was a different mystical land and it was a novel. I'm pretty sure there was more than one of the books but I have no clue what they are. If anybody has an idea about what book i could be talking about could you PLEASE let me know. I really want to read this book now that i'm older buy i don't know what it's called.

Thank You!

I'm afraid I don't know which book you're talking about. Have you tried asking your teacher?

The only thing I can think of that comes close to that is the Magic Faraway Tree series. Sorry I can't help!

If you factor in the thirteen years it could be that you are talking aboutThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. All of the books in that series were based on kids going to the magical land of Narnia and other places by magic--of course. Giants, dwarves, talking animals, etc. all present and accounted for.

Thank you so much. They all seem like good possibilities! Unfortunately I have no idea where my teacher is now and she was older when she taught me so I'm thinking she's probably retired by now. I'm gonna look into the two suggestions though. Thanks so much! I'm so much more closer then I've been for a long time!

OK. So now I've taken the time to look into the books and it seems as if the Chronicles of Narnia is what I was looking for. I can't wait to get them and start reading them. Thank you so much Prolixic!

You're welcome. C.S. Lewis is one of the greats, in my book (Did you know he went to college with J.R.R. Tolkein?) You might try his autobiography Surprised by Joy if you like the Narnia series. It sheds a good deal of light on his work.

Back