• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

iBooks Censoring? World War Z

crlovel

I have a hardcopy of World War Z, and an iBooks version. I just finished reading the iBooks version. Now, in the hardcopy version, I recall a chapter where a woman is describing going to China to illegally adopt a baby. While there, the warehouse is raided by police, and it's inferred that children are infected. I will admit that it is possible I recall this chapter from another book, but I'm about 99% positive it was in the book.

This chapter does not appear in my iBooks version. Would this be censorship, or a mistake? If this was deliberate, I'm probably going to cancel my plans for an all-digital library and go back to hardcopy books.

I highly doubt that is censorship. It is more likely you are mistaken about it being in that particular book, there is an error with the e-book, or you are reading a different edition. Are abridged versions of books “censored”?

The reason I doubt censorship is, well, that would be a stupid thing to censor. Unless of course you are purchasing from a publisher in China.

Back