• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ice-Bound: A Novel of Reconfiguration. Upgrading prose?

I would like to bring to your attention a new project that I believe could be of interest to many who are interested in writing. Ice-Bound: A Novel of Reconfiguration is an upcoming augmented reality print book about the AI recreation of a struggling writer, brought to life to finish his now-legendary novel. The player looks at the printed compendium via their iPad to unlock the hidden reality between the lines; at the same time the pages that the player shows to AI writer that 'lives' in the iPad determine the story that he will write. How cool is that?

I believe that this project is woefully less known than it deserves to; if you were following interactive fiction somewhat, you will see to many familiar faces in the list of backers: it's almost like all these few folks who are supporting and encouraging each other. This medium deserves better than that, is it?

I believe that interactive medium known as "games" has potential to become possibly the most relevant medium of the 21st century. Still, this potential is very much untapped: the game development industry might have just scratched the surface of what's possible with interactive fiction, back in the 1980s, when some interactive novels took literary awards and Infocom's games were sold in bookstores. So I'm naturally excited to see a project like this. What do you think?

Last edited:
Back