• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If anyone can figure this out, I owe you a million bucks!

I read a book about 3 years ago (it may have been about 2 years old at the time, I'm not too sure) and I really need to remember what is was. I'll try my best to explain the details, but it's been a while so please bare with me. All that I can remember is: The book was based in the future and was written in 1st person limited (if I remember correctly). It started off with a guy talking about how he can go in to something like our internet via using goggles to view this other, virtual world. In this world you could have a avatar that can or cannot look like you. He is hired by feds to find a murderer in the real world, and this virtual world. He eventually catches him and kills him (I think). Like I said, I think that's what happened. If you know of a book like that, but one thing is wrong or a little different, you can still put it down. If it helps any, I remember finding the book through Jennifer Government (it was one of those things you find on amazon "People who bought this book, Jennifer Government, also bought....). If anyone can help me find this I will find you and give you a kiss because that it how much this is bothering me!

- For Admin - I definitely found this book two seconds after I posted this. It was Snow Crash. So any Admin can definitely delete this thread.

It was a novel called 'Snow crash'.......

......Now, about that million bucks???

hehe
:)

A million? Chump change.

Quote from the Hunt Brothers, who tried to corner the silver market (and failed) back in the 80's:

'A billion dollars just doesn't buy what it used to...'

There's a similar book which is Deathworld by Tom Clancy. Plus, there is Snow Crash ;)

And yeah, it's ok... I don't need my share ... :p

Notice that MosesNinjaMonke said he'll owe you a million. Nothing mentioned about paying a million.

That's okay, the favour may come in handy...

"Hey, remember that million dollars you owe me? Well....I need a kidney/lung/brain/place to hide from the authorities".

Ya... I'm not really a Tom Clancy fan. I'm not sure why, I just never really got in to his books. As for hiding kidneys and other body parts, why didn't you just say so?! Coincedentally I run a body part store out of my house so I could just sell the ones you give me!

Er, I was thinking more about hiding myself as opposed to vital organs from the authorities...unless my liver has been up to its nefarious nighttime wanderings again. I shall have to have a word with it.

Thanks for the offer, though! :)

Back