• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If i liked the bartimaeus trilogy...

I've heard Terry Pratchet was similar, but I haven't read him yet. I'm actually working on that...

You might want to try Neil Gaiman if you haven't already. I absolutely love his graphic novel series, Sandman. It's a fantasy/horror type of thing, and although it's dark, it has funny moments and a complex plot with well-done characters.

The Anita Blake series is similar in that it is a fantasy written in the first-person in modern setting with a very sarcastic main character. But it's a lot darker than Barti and the main character's mortal.

Other than that, I won't state the obvious (Harry Potter and the like) because I know you've already read them. I hope other people have some good things to suggest becuse I'd love to read something similar as well.

Did you read Sandman, by chance? If you did, what did you think of it? I'm not done with the series yet, so no (intense) spoilers for the last couple books.

Try Terry Brooks. You could start with Sword of Shannara and then maybe go on to the rest in the series. I read this book after reading Amulet of Samarkhand and loved it.

about terry brooks: should I read the prequel or the sword of shannara first?

I guess you could go ahead with sword of shannara. I havent read the prequel myself; The book does mention important parts of the prequel in gist in some places and you will get an idea as you go along.

Happy reading! and do post how you like it! :)

Back