• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you will write a book for your kids, what will be your theme?

Maria Alony

If I will write a book for my son, I will make something related to his eating habit. He likes to eat snacks more than healthy food. I will write a book that will encourage him to eat healthier food like vegetables and fruits. Well, it will somehow teach him a good lesson. How about you?

I suppose my book for kids would be about teaching children to trust nobody, and that you are likely to receive a backstab if you are not careful.

Guess why I am not into children literature, ha,ha,ha...

well I think that the 'trust nobody' is not entirely wrong - children are by nature trusting and we teach them to respect authority (rightfully) and then try to teach them 'stranger danger' but they don't realise who a stranger actually is, not to mention that most of the time the danger is from some one they do know rather than some one they don't. They need to be taught to open the door to no-one, not even a policeman for example. So 'trust no-one' is not such a bad idea as you think :)

I suppose my book for kids would be about teaching children to trust nobody, and that you are likely to receive a backstab if you are not careful.

Guess why I am not into children literature, ha,ha,ha...
Richard,
I think you want children to learn how to be careful especially if their guardians are not around. That's sounds interesting.

well I think that the 'trust nobody' is not entirely wrong - children are by nature trusting and we teach them to respect authority (rightfully) and then try to teach them 'stranger danger' but they don't realise who a stranger actually is, not to mention that most of the time the danger is from some one they do know rather than some one they don't. They need to be taught to open the door to no-one, not even a policeman for example. So 'trust no-one' is not such a bad idea as you think :)

I think a lot of books relate on that. Stories will make them realize how risky it is to trust strangers they don't know. They should learn what to do if they encounter such instances.

Hmmm... To be honest, lots of times anyone tries to write a story with a moral, what they write backfires. I try to avoid teaching moral values with what I write, mainly because I write for people who already has them and does not need me.

Lots of child material around also touches... controversial subjects. I have found pro- and anti- homosexual material for young people around, for example. I don't mind, I just would like to stay away from such subjects. I try to write art, no politics.

If I had to write a story for young people with a moral, the "trust nobody" would get into the equation, because it gives place to good stories, readers like betrayals and, as a side effect, it happens to be a great teaching.

"Trust not your fellow classmates. They will steal your sandwich in the blink of an eye!":)

That said, I would prefer to leave education to the parents and just write awesome stories.

If I were seriously to think about writing a book for young children, I'm pretty sure it would cover the same main themes as the Bible, but from a modern viewpoint (my own) -- which is not to say that it would be an easy job. Fortunately, my own children are now grown and I don't face that task any more.

However, I am writing a memoir with them in mind, describing my own life's experiences -- which does go along slowly but surely, and with a lot of serious thought along the way.

Last edited:
Back