• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ill-Made Knight question

dele

I'm reading the Ill-Made Knight by T.H. White and just came across a line that confused me. Just a quick note that this could contain a spoiler, but since just about everyone is familiar with the King Arthur legend, it shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone.

At any rate, while T.H. White was talking about how Guenever never had any children, he says that "Arthur had two illegitimate children..." Mordred, obviously. But who's the other?

While there was Mordred the other illegitimate child at least the only one I've heard of was Loholt and I don't really remember if he is mentioned in White's books or not. Either way it's debateable whether he existed at all or if he was even a son of Arthur there was speculation that he could have been begotten by Lancelot though I've never heard mention of who the mother would've been.

Back