• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm cursed!

{Tigress}

kickbox
As the words were coming out of my mouth this afternoon, I knew I was going to be in trouble. Some of us were talking about car problems in the office today and I just HAD to speak up and confirm someone's comment that Dodges tend to break down.

Not only did I have to agree with her, but I also had to add in my own two cents worth and tell them that my '93 Mustang was in the shop less than his '98 Dodge Stratus was. The Stratus must have overheard me. :rolleyes:

I get out to the car, start it up, crank up the AC and feel nothing but hot air blowing out the vents. After a couple of minutes I look down and I have no power to the dashboard. The clock works, the turn signals work, the car is running fine, but the AC and the dash are both dead.

By this point, I've made it to the interstate and I'm plugging in my ear piece so I can call hubby and freak out on him. I call, I freak, he stresses, and finally tells me to get off the interstate, stop the car and see if I can restart it again; he's hoping that will reset everything and all will be well.

Of course this doesn't work. But it does give me a chance to check under the hood and made sure the cooling fan is still running -- can't tell what the engine temp is since the gauges aren't working. The fan's fine, so I tell Ron to call and make an appointment to take the car in tomorrow morning and that I'm just gonna head on home.

In 90°F+ weather, with close to 100% humidity, with no breeze, in Friday rush hour traffic. I was NOT happy.

An hour and a half later, when I'm about 10 minutes from home, I hit a small bump on the interstate due to some repaving they're doing. I then hear a ding-ding-ding, the doors lock, and I look down to see the dash in perfect working order. So, I roll up the windows, crank the AC on and drive the last few miles of my commute in complete comfort. So as I said, I'm cursed! LOL

You are cursed!

I'm a witch doctor, I can help. Send me your address and I'll send you a chicken head and a mumbo jumbo. Everything will be fine after that!

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
You are cursed!

I'm a witch doctor, I can help. Send me your address and I'll send you a chicken head and a mumbo jumbo. Everything will be fine after that!

Regards
SillyWabbit
And what on earth is a mumbo jumbo? asmilies.sofrayt.com__5E_d_epaily.gif

I just finished a bowl of Cocoa Mumbo Jumbolaya and I must say, they don't get sogged down in milk.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
I just finished a bowl of Cocoa Mumbo Jumbolaya and I must say, they don't get sogged down in milk.

RaVeN

Perverted AND sick. You're gettin' more attractive by the minute! asmilies.sofrayt.com__5E_r_sawink.gif

{Tigress} said:
Perverted AND sick. You're gettin' more attractive by the minute! asmilies.sofrayt.com__5E_r_sawink.gif

And you're obviously drunk again.

I didn't take advantage of the circumstances the last time but I'm only human.

Come on over and bring that horny thing with you.

Now wait, one horny thing over here's plenty.

What am I saying? My virtue must stay intact. Sleeze away from me you temptress and don't return..until your husband leaves town.

RaVeN

Shame on you Master Mud Thumper,

If you heard them it's because you started them.

Besides, I never leave any witnesses. :eek: BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAA

RaVeN

{Tigress} said:
Although I've only known you for a few days, I'd said it was WAY too late for your poor virtue. :p

That's why I like you Tigleypooh, It feels like you've known me forever :D

RaVeN

Biscuits and sasuage gravy -- a personal favorite southern breakfast treat. Not sure about biscuits and whipped cream, but perhaps it's worth a try. :p

Back