• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

im warning you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaz

Everybody has seen a movie play, or read a book that they hated! if you want to warn people , so they don't waste their time, this is the place to do it.

The only book I've ever quit reading was shabanue. it was so slow. thankfully, that was a while ago, and the memory has almowt faded.

This spring, i went to see All My Sons. It had potential to be great, but it wasn tpresented well enough. It seemed like the writer had the ending in mind, and the rest of the plot was filler.

what about you guys?

The Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake. When the TV adaptation was advertised I thought I'd get the book. What a mistake, I struggled through the first couple of chapters but I just couldn't be bothered to carry on any further.

GETA by Donald Kingsbury. Another piece of garbage that I never got past the end of the first chapter. I suppose I should have been warned by the write up on the front which quoted "in the Dune tradition" which roughly translates as the author is not very good but wants to hang on the coat tails of frank Herbet.

Mike

Now that bebe & her equally immature sidekick spaz and the bogus sockme have been banned I think it's time to close this thread.

Mike, please feel free to start another thread like this in the "General Book Chat Area"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back