• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

In February We Read...

steffee

In February 32 members read 161 books, 152 separate titles by 130 authors.

Popular books read by more than one TBF member in February:
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
  • Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
  • The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
  • Small Island by Andrea Levy
  • Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre
  • A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
  • Weight by Jeanette Winterton

Popular authors include: William Faulkner (4 reads), James Joyce (3 reads), Margaret Atwood (3 reads), Kazuo Ishiguro (3 reads), Sally Spencer (3 reads), Bill Bryson (2 reads), Richard Lee Byers (2 reads), Paulo Coelho (2 reads), Michael Crichton (2 reads), Clive Cussler (2 reads), James Frey (2 reads). Neil Gaiman (2 reads), Stephen King (2 reads), Vladimir Nabokov (2 reads), Christopher Paolini (2 reads), Tom Perotta (2 reads), Plato (2 reads), Douglas Preston (2 reads), Philip Pullman (2 reads), John Steinbeck (2 reads)

The earliest book was The Women at the Pump by Knut Hamsum which was published in 1928, and 6 books were published in 2006. The average date of publishing was 1998, and 91 of the 159 (which is 57%) were published since 2000, and 136 (which is 86%) were published since 1990.

See the author cloud!

muggle said:
Wow, 130 authors by only 32 readers is impressive.

Now you see one major reason I keep coming back here. This bunch of readers have given me more book leads than I can possibly get to in my lifetime, but I'm having a great time trying!

Back