• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ink Magazine

murphyz

ink - new book magazine released

http://www.infinityfusion.com/ink/index.aspx

ink is now onto the second issue, and I only just noticed it in Borders when I was there over the weekend. I must say it is very good indeed and well worth the £3.50 coverprice.

The latest issue is a Lord of the Rings special and features an impressive tally of 113 book reviews, as well as interviews with many leading authors such as Chuck Palahniuk, Neil Gaiman, Andy McNab, Jim Grace and the wonderful Kathy Lette.

As well as the usual reviews, interviews and competitions, there is also a section dedicated to writers, giving useful tips and advice from professionals. There's also a monthly short story competition where you could get your work published in the magazine and critiqued by a pro.

Altogether, an excellent read and one I would highly recommend you pick up.

Mxx

This sounded so good, I tried to find it but of course, not available at the closest Borders to me. I'm wondering if I can find it in the States at all. :( I see lots of imported mags but most are in the movie/photography/car line.

Did anybody else subscribe to the new book magazine, Ink, which came out earlier in the year?

Well after not receiving the sixth issue, and no response to my emails, I phoned them and got a message saying they had ceased publication.

Nice of them to write to us and let us know! :mad:

Obviously we can kiss goodbye to the subscription fee we paid

It is a real shame though because it was a really good magazine.

That might explain why I couldn't find the latest issue in WHSmith! :mad:

I really liked it and thought it had a chance of being relatively popular with book-lovers, but I guess it didn't help matters that WHSmith put it in a different location for every single issue. I would have thought it would fit quite nicely with all the mags for writers, but they put it with firstly, the men's magazines and secondly, with the women's magazines (as soon as romance and Jackie Collins were featured) :mad:

I know what you mean, it took so long for my local WHSmith to stock it that I subscribed. I did see them eventually but they were on the shelf at the bottom next to boating magazines :confused:

Shame as it has been long overdue for us book lovers to have a magazine like that :(

Oh well, maybe someone will take up from where they left off

Folly
xxxx

Folly, I hope you don't mind, but I merged your thread with Murphyz's thread.

Cheers, Martin

That's why!!! I have been looking for this magazine last month and this month. I thought wow, must be sold out quickly. So far I have got two issues. What a shame, it's ceased.

Back