• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Introducing myself

canuck

Hello to all from north of 49 - looking forward to reading your opinions about books, etc. :)

Welcome. So what are your reading interests?

Hello readsalot - I mostly like thrillers, action and mysteries but am open to suggestions about new authors. Not too much into the classics. Right now am reading a David Morrell book, just finished another one by him called The Shimmer, this story sort of leaning towards sci-fi which isn't my bag but it wasn't too far out. How about you? :)

I read sci fi (well, star wars books anyway-they're actually closer to space opera/fantasy). I write YA sci-fi...near future sort and space fantasy sort as well. I also read a little historical fiction and Christian romance, a few mysteries (the light-hearted ones - like the Spellmans or classic like Sherlock Holmes or Agatha Christie), YA fantasy - like Harry Potter, Icemark Chronicles, etc, YA sci fi - Hunger Games
How was The Shimmer sci fi?
Some classics are good, but yes, I agree that there are much more entertaining books about :)

Hello reads: Haven't read any of what you mentioned but it sounds as though you like to write for younger readers? Have read some Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes, watched some episodes of him on television but not lately. Mr. Poirot seems to be the tv detective of choice on the tv now but don't really watch him. He was in a movie called "Executive Decision" and played the part of the villain and did it very well too. The Shimmer was o.k. - a bit heavy on the blood and gore but the story line wasn't bad.

Have you seen the new Sherlock Holmes movie? It was okay, but I sort of prefer the older, classic ones.
Yes, I like writing "adult safe" YA fiction. One of my goals is to write the sort of stuff that will draw in the marginal sort of readers, those students who only read because their English teacher is forcing them too.
I write things that I like and most of my reading experience is YA. Even the star wars books are mostly "kid safe" - so most of what I read has pushed me in that way.
I've seen some of the Poirot movies, but not many. They're not my favorite but they're entertaining once in a while.

Back