• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series

I would recommend 'The Caves of Steel'/'The Naked Sun'/'The Robots of Dawn' series. Great sci-fi/mysteries! Also I just finished 'Pebble in the Sky' which I really enjoyed-even as it was written in 1950 it still reached far beyond today into the future! That ones a quick read-200 pages.

Has anyone read 'Murder at the ABA or 'The Ugly Little Boy(written with Robert Silverberg)? I picked them up recently and added to the "to be read" collection.

The Foundation books get better for me with every reading. Didn't like them much when I read them first, but love them now. According to me the best way to read the robot novels and the foundation books in the order Asimov wrote them. That'll mix up the two series but introduce you to characters (like danel etc) at the right time and give impact to the final ending.

I want to recommend The End of Eternity, my favorite novel of his (and I'm a big fan), with time travel and romance even.

I've just now finished Foundation. I thought it was very good. I was very surprised to see how far ahead of Prelude to Foundation it was. It's interesting to see the main character in one book being portrayed as a iconic figure and almost god in the next book.

Back