• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ISO US library help

Alix

That sounds a bit odd doesn't it? Bear with me and I'll explain.

Thanks to this forum, I've been able to download Mobi books from our library and convert them to read on my Kindle. That is no longer possible with the advent of Kindle books available at online libraries.

So what is the problem, you may be wondering, since Kindle books are now available to download directly? The problem is that they are ONLY available in the US. There is no information on when they will be available in Canada. ARGH! I had several books lined up and poof! Gone.

And now, to the point. Can anyone tell me if I need to be present in person to get a library card in the US? Would I need to prove residency or anything? I have a couple of friends in MN who might be able to get me a card, but failing that can anyone here help me out? I'll pay for the card, I just need to know how to get one.

Back