• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's an American story, goddammit

Do you like crime fiction?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Favourites.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Irishwriter

It's an American story, goddammit.
I was told once that I was just too Irish and to make Manhunt an Irish story. I tried doing that, but it just didn't work. I have to say that this one work has given me more headaches than all the other works combined. It's the first story of a police procedural, set in New York, but it's more than a simple procedural because I wanted the book to contain a powerful anti-Vietnam war message.
I've always loved cop stories and read all of the police procedurals by Ed McBain in which he wrote about a fictional 87th precinct. McBain though was just the tip of an iceberg and I graduated to reading Robert Daley, Laurence Sander's Edward X. Delaney series, Dan Mahoney, and Christopher Newman.
Films of the same ilk include The French Connection, Blue Steel, Serpico, Year of the Dragon and others. TV influences include Blue Bloods and oldies like Hawaii Five 0.

Back