• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's my pleasure...

RaVeN

.... to say hi to a fascinating group. I've been reading your postings for the last few hours and am delighted to have stumbled upon your forum.
I'm a blue collar worker from the frozen tundra of Fort Wayne Indiana that has a nasty habit of carrying a book with me where ever I go. Working with a few hundred men I get my share of "looks" but at 6-1 and over 200 lbs , hair half way down my back, well, you get the picture. I don't catch much slack.
My favorite authors are A.C. Doyle & Poe. I also like Rice, Grisham, Deaver, Koontz, Clancy & many others of the "popular" nature. Three of my favorites that I've read over the past year are Brown's The Da Vinci Code, Peace Like A River by Leif Enger & The Ice Master by Jennifer Niven. I'm currently 75 pages into Mr. Timothy by Louis Bayard and hope I can make possitive additions to the group as time goes by.
Thanks for having me ! ( not that I like being had)

LOL... Welcome!
I am only here since yesterday myself, and I like it. :)

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. It is wholesome and bracing for the mind to have its faculties kept on the stretch.
--- Sir Richard Steele 1672-1729, British Dramatist, Essayist, Editor

Hi guys u seem like an alright bunch I've just joined the club and u seem like a good lot to share ideas with. I'll say more when we get along lest I stand the risk to go on and on like some dodgy advert. Istay in Kenya .............. yeah....... Africa not too bad it's great to catch a real good book late at night when all u can hear are the wild sounds out here.Dianne

Thank you for the welcome guys. That's one thing I'm going to enjoy about this group, the diversity of locations is astounding. There are no boundries that a good book can't break. Do you have favorite authors you'd like to share Dianne?

Welcome to the Boards, RaVeN and Dianne! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

Cheers, Martin :D

Hi Raven, I just joined myself. I am from the "frozen tundra" of Toledo, OH. Not far from you!

--Tim

Back