• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson - must read in order?

briansommers

I want to read all of his series books in order, the Alex Cross and the Woman's Murder Club? or something like that.. but my question is what about his works/books that did not have a reoccurring main character, those would be ok to read out of order, yes?

thanks
Brian S

For the Patterson books that are not part of a series or considered standalones (ie: Don't Blink, Swimsuit, Beach Road, etc.) it would be ok to read them out of order.
Of course if you are planning to read his books that are part of a series(ie: Alex Cross, Womans Murder Club, Maximum Ride) then yes it would make sense to read them in order.

The first Alex Cross I read, Crossfire, was fairly deep in the series. Patterson's writing is such that you won't have any trouble following the story and character relationships even if they are completely built on events from previous books.

Having said that however, you would be better off reading his series in order so as not to miss out on the character development that makes his series more enjoyable.

Back