• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeff Bridges, Bernie Glassman: The Dude and The Zen Master

Meadow337

Former Moderator
The Dude and The Zen Master - Jeff Bridges, Bernie Glassman

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dude-Master-Jeff-Bridges/dp/0399161643

For more than a decade, Academy Award–winning actor Jeff Bridges and his Buddhist teacher, renowned Roshi Bernie Glassman, have been close friends. Inspiring and often hilarious, The Dude and the Zen Master captures their freewheeling dialogue about life, laughter, and the movies with a charm and bonhomie that never fail to enlighten and entertain. Throughout, their remarkable humanism reminds us of the importance of doing good in a difficult world.

Often hilarious is misleading ... I haven't stopped laughing yet.

This book is full of those truths about life that are universal, so don't let the Buddhist aspect put you off - should that be a concern.

I think I shall give this book a try, it sounds both funny and intresting. It is not often that you get both of those things together in one book.

a very timely pick given our book of the month selection for June.:) I have the lebowski zen related book on my kindle. I've never seen that movie, hope to some time when I have......well.....time.o_O

I wouldn't wait to see the movie before reading the book. I haven't seen the movie and it didn't impact my enjoyment of the book at all as they explain any scenes they refer to more than sufficiently (and there aren't that many).

Back