• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jim Butcher: Ghost Story

Lincoln Rhyme

It's been a long time since I've been here. Gettin' prepared for my senior year in high school and all.

Summary: Well last time we left our badass hero Harry Dresden, he wasn't doing so well. In fact he had been shot and killed! Now Dresden has been sent by a police squad in the afterlife to solve his own murder...as a ghost with no magic. That and the fact that 3 of his friends lives are hanging in the balance. And one of Dresden's old nemesis' comes back(and yes, this character was a villain in one of the other books, but I'm not going to spoil who it is)

My opinion: This was more of fantasy novel than any of the previous Dresden books. I felt there was no mystery side to it actually. Not too mention that in this book,the post-apocalyptic trilogy that Jim Butcher has for the conclusion of The Dresden Files series is confirmed. Butters also gets some kick-ass screen time :)

My rating: :star4:

Loved it

I loved this book. It wasn't the best, but it was one of the funniest. Especially the "bridge." If you read it then you know what I mean.

Cold Days is already out for a while now. And having read both Ghost Story and Cold Days, I think I prefer Harry to be a fully functional wizard. Not that there aren't any cool moments in Ghost Story, like when Bob kicks some spiritual butt, but the book's just not the same without Wizard Harry.

Back