• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

JK Rowling writing an adult book

direstraits

Not that type of 'adult', so get your mind out of the gutter. Do any of you know anything about this? I heard about this a couple of weeks ago from NPR. :)

I'm not exactly sure what to expect from this. I'm excited, yet, I'm also very very nervous. Though, I suppose even Harry Potter dealt with some adult issues towards the end of the series.

Never read Harry Potter...Just couldn't get into the first book way back when... Not saying it wasn't good...just...maybe had to much going on to focus on reading a series that big. Not sure what her writing style is, but I'm open to going back to try and read Harry Potter as well as her new adult book :)

I thought she already wrote for grown-ups, going on the jackets sported by the 'mature' editions of the wizard books.

Seems we're supposed to forget she already caters for adults, and buy into this disingenuous marketing line. Hey, I know publishing's a desperate game these days, but Rowling's the last one in need of this kind of promotional cant.

I thought she already wrote for grown-ups, going on the jackets sported by the 'mature' editions of the wizard books.

Seems we're supposed to forget she already caters for adults, and buy into this disingenuous marketing line. Hey, I know publishing's a desperate game these days, but Rowling's the last one in need of this kind of promotional cant.

Harry Potter is still classified as young adult... Young people in adult situations doesn't necessarily mean it's a book for adults. Initially it was closer to the children's genre, but edged it's way into YA because they grew up.

Back