• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jobs

I just rented Jobs starring Ashton Kucher as Steve Jobs and it was a great film. The acting was excellent, the story was captivating and true to the man (both his attributes and his less desirable traits), and generally in agreement with the biography of Steve Jobs that I recently finished reading. I highly recommend this film -- it's available dirt-cheap through Red Box.

Dr. Leonardo Noto
Practicing Physician, Author, and Medical Blogger.

I have the book but have not read it yet. Your opinion of the movie has spurred my interest in reading the book.

Don't know if you've seen it, but if you haven't, pick up the movie The Pirates Of Silicone Valley. This HBO movie tells how the whole thing started and features characterizations all of the principle players (Jobs, Gates, Ballmer, Paul Allen, Wozniak, etc). The day after this movie aired Steve Wozniak's website went ballistic with emails which Woz posted for the public to see mainly asking if the movie was accurate. Wozniak said that with the exception of a few details it WAS entirely accurate. What greater validation can one have but a validation coming from one of the principle players of the events portrayed?! I thought the movie was outstanding and I recommend it highly.

Wozniak did not like the movie Jobs at all. It wasn't really based on Isaacson's book.

But I did hear good things about the movie from a friend, but not good reviews online.

Wozniak did not like the movie Jobs at all. It wasn't really based on Isaacson's book.

But I did hear good things about the movie from a friend, but not good reviews online.

Just to clarify in the event my post was misleading:

You are absolutely right, Woz hated the movie Jobs, but was very positive about the movie The Pirates Of Silicone Valley.

Did you see The Pirates? I thought that would have been an interesting movie.

If you mean The Pirates Of Silicone Valley*, yes. It was originally an HBO TV movie but I own the DVD. It is a great movie. I'm sure you can get it at any rental place or possibly even from the library. Here's the trailer

*(there is another movie called just ... The Pirates)

Sorry, I did indeed mean the pirates of silicon valley. I'm going to check it out...Thanks! I do like the story, how essentially just a bunch of guys from a small geographical area (more or less) changed the entire world.

I may have to watch this then or first read the book. I am usually not a fan of Ashton but maybe if I read the book, and then watch the movie, it will be doable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back