• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Grisham: Playing For Pizza

hockeycop

Has anyone read this Grisham book? It's a fun, easy and short read.

Being from Italian decent, I can relate to the entire food part of the book. Grisham spends a lot of time describing local food in Parma (The place where real Parmasan cheese comes from). I wish it came with recipes though.

Has anyone read this Grisham book? It's a fun, easy and short read.

Being from Italian decent, I can relate to the entire food part of the book. Grisham spends a lot of time describing local food in Parma (The place where real Parmasan cheese comes from). I wish it came with recipes though.

I enjoyed it. I like all his departures from the legal thrillers he usually writes, A Painted House is the best of the bunch.

How so? I'm of Irish descent and can't relate to a potato.

How many Irish ways are their to cook a potato?

My wife (my fiance at the time) found out very quickly when she came to my mother's house that you need to pace yourself during dinner. Italians like to make an event out of as many meals as possible.

True to the book, Italians are also very protective of their own provincial delicacies.

Back