• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Juliet Marillier

liv

She's written some fantastic stuff. The Sevenwaters Trilogy is great for ANYONE. I read the first book of that (Daughter of the Forest) and was just amazed at the quality and strength of the characters and storylines. She's also written two books in Saga of the Light Isles and a three books in the Bridei Chronicles. Sevenwaters is Irish/Celtic mythology, Light Isles are Norse mythology, and Bridei is British mythology. She also has a couple of young adult books, one of which is Wildwood Dancing, a darker, Transylvanian version of the Twelve Dancing Princesses fairytale. She's wonderful.

I cannot express my love for the Sevenwaters trilogy adequate enough. Wolfskin wasn't that great, in my opinion, and I couldn't really force myself to finish Foxmask so that saga will remain a mystery, but I don't really care. ;) However, I have been anxious to read her other books. Ah, so many books, so little time!

Finbar was my crush in the Sevenwaters trilogy.

I agree, I didn't like the Light Isles that much. But Bridei chronicles were pretty good, and I LOVED Wildwood Dancing.

Back