• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

just something to lighten everybody up...

bebe

kickbox
Wow. You guys are, um...intense. No offence meant, of course. I just thought I could create this thread to sort of cool people down on this very *hot* topic. Well so I really liked that Richard Simmons biography...and I can tell you, unfortunately its DEFINTELY not listed under fiction. Ok of course hopefully you must know I'm kidding because a) this is a BOOK forum where we talk about BOOKS, not campy horror stories b) Spandex is evil c) Richard Simmons? No. Well anyways just to be seriosu I wonder if anyone has a fave actress or singer or someone who they enjoyed reading a *real* autobio or bio on. -B :cool:

I read a biography of Jim Morrison (lead singer of The Doors) a few years ago. Very interesting. There was a lot about him that the media (and the Oliver Stone film) didn't show. Can't remember the name of the book though :(

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
I read a biography of Jim Morrison (lead singer of The Doors) a few years ago. Very interesting. There was a lot about him that the media (and the Oliver Stone film) didn't show. Can't remember the name of the book though :(
Was it the one that photographer guy wrote? With the black&white pictures in it?

Jaundiced Jim?

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
I'm not sure. The only thing I can remember is that it had a red cover.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, the background is red and the photo of Jim, arms akimbo, is enhanced in bright yellow. It's No-one Gets Out Of Here Alive, co-produced by photographer Danny Sugerman (who also did The Doors Illustrated History).

Back