• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Justin Cronin: The Passage

Hi taffboy, I have never read this but after an online search I see that it has mostly positive reviews.

Synopsis from Amazon -- ... ambitious epic about a virus that nearly destroys the world, and a six-year-old girl who holds the key to bringing it back...takes readers on a journey from the early days of the virus to the aftermath of the destruction, where packs of hungry infected scour the razed, charred cities looking for food, and the survivors eke out a bleak, brutal existence shadowed by fear. Cronin doesn't shy away from identifying his "virals" as vampires. But, these are not sexy, angsty vampires and they are not old-school, evil Nosferatus, either...hairless, insectile, glow-in-the-dark mutations who are inextricably linked to their makers and the one girl who could destroy them all.

After you've read, let us know if you liked it.

Hi taffboy, I have never read this but after an online search I see that it has mostly positive reviews.

Synopsis from Amazon -- ... ambitious epic about a virus that nearly destroys the world, and a six-year-old girl who holds the key to bringing it back...takes readers on a journey from the early days of the virus to the aftermath of the destruction, where packs of hungry infected scour the razed, charred cities looking for food, and the survivors eke out a bleak, brutal existence shadowed by fear. Cronin doesn't shy away from identifying his "virals" as vampires. But, these are not sexy, angsty vampires and they are not old-school, evil Nosferatus, either...hairless, insectile, glow-in-the-dark mutations who are inextricably linked to their makers and the one girl who could destroy them all.

After you've read, let us know if you liked it.
Thank you I will enjoy it and let you know.

I liked it, although it was a little "busy" - seems like he was throwing a lot of ideas around. I liked the characters though and found it very suspenseful. I haven't read its sequel The Twelve yet.

I am about halfway through and mostly enjoying it! There are some parts I really like and a few that drag by a bit and for all the description in some spots, there BIG questions still unanswered in others. I will finish it before I get to into discussion about it but I think it is definitely a good summer read if you like this sort of book, which I do :)

I've read both of the books from this trilogy. Passage and The Twelve, I enjoyed the Passage much more than the second one. The third book, The City of Mirrors was originally due out this year but now they're saying October of 2015, I'll be interested to see if it gets better or worse.

It seems like second books in trilogies often lag, a bit. Like the first book lays out the situation, characters and locations, the second lays out the plot lines, then the third has a lot of action and hopefully wraps everything up. I don't read a lot of series though, so I could be wrong.

Back