• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kate Bush

raffaellabella

Amazon (U.S.) has both the U.S. and U.K. release of Kt's Aerial. There doesn't seem to be a difference in songs. There is a difference in price: US $25.00 and UK Import $58.00. I would love to have the import but I'm sure it will cost me an arm and a leg after the conversion.

Does anyone know if there is a major difference between the two CDs? It would help me make a decision.

raffaellabella said:
Does anyone know if there is a major difference between the two CDs?

Maybe just the cover art. I have a couple CDs that a friend brought me back from Ireland. They've both been released in the US now, and the only difference I can see is in the artwork.

It's funny you're buying that CD. I was thinking about getting it just the other day.

Judging from the images at Amazon, the US version comes in an ordinary jewel case, right? The European version is a digipak.

A fine album, anyway. Not Kate's best, but considering how long she tinkered with it it's very solid.

Ugh are you really going to spend that much on an import? (ugh i hate shops and imports!) We could surely arrange something where i send it to you and save you cash.

beer good said:
Judging from the images at Amazon, the US version comes in an ordinary jewel case, right?

I'm not certain, but I don't think it was a jewel case I was looking at in the store the other day. Of course, it could have been an import. I didn't look too hard since it was $23.

Ms. said:
Ugh are you really going to spend that much on an import? (ugh i hate shops and imports!) We could surely arrange something where i send it to you and save you cash.

That would be great! The only issue is where I live people have sticky fingers so my mail does not always reach me so I have packages sent UPS (the last time I ordered from Amazon.uk my package disappeared). Unless you could send it certified or it could be somehow tracked through the post.

whichever you end up buying, i like this double cd very much.. How to be Invisible is my favourite track! :)

in the old days, and yes this will show my age probably, an imported vinyl record was usually the way to go as it would be better quality (8 out of 10) something to do with how many pressings from a master they made.. i don't see how this applies to cds tho..

raffaellabella said:
Amazon (U.S.) has both the U.S. and U.K. release of Kt's Aerial. There doesn't seem to be a difference in songs. There is a difference in price: US $25.00 and UK Import $58.00. I would love to have the import but I'm sure it will cost me an arm and a leg after the conversion.

Does anyone know if there is a major difference between the two CDs? It would help me make a decision.
I just checked Amazon and the cost for the U.S. release is $14.97.

Thanks, Muggle. I misread the price.

Zen, I'm showing my age as well because I don't know what the inside of the CD jewel case is called so I'll call it "the jacket". I'm sure the jacket design of the import will be much nicer.

raffaellabella said:
That would be great! The only issue is where I live people have sticky fingers so my mail does not always reach me so I have packages sent UPS (the last time I ordered from Amazon.uk my package disappeared). Unless you could send it certified or it could be somehow tracked through the post.

I'll look around for the cheapest price in the city and get back to you <3

such a wonderful album. It's actually the album that got me into Kate. I had Sensual World and it never really clicked. Then I heard Aerial and it clicked in a major way, and got me to explore and really love most of her back catalog. The 2nd disc is just perfection from start to finish.

Yeah, she's great. I've been listening to Kt since I was 8 years - it started with The Kick Inside. My sister brought it home one day and so began my love for a little English woman with long black hair and a squeaky voice. :D

Back