• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Keeper of the Wolves- new Fantasy book!

chereewolf

“I had been away from the fall of moonlight and the glow of the stars so long I forgot how real I felt beneath their quiet contemplation.”

Victus, a wolf forced to change to the form of a man in the moonlight, lost everything the night he was captured. Caged and beaten, he quickly learned the darkest depths of the human soul. But when blue eyes and a soft smile threatened to steal his heart along with freeing him, he was torn between two worlds.

Victus has to decide if he can trust his fierce instincts to protect the girl, or if he should run away with the wolf pack whose loyalty kept him alive. When a terror appears that threatens to destroy them all, Victus’ decision may be the only thing that can protect those he cares about.

A true love story, Keeper of the Wolves takes love and sacrifice to a new level. Victus faces the ultimate truth: in finding love, one must truly be prepared to put everything on the line in order to not lose it again.

Find Keeper of the Wolves on my website at chereealsop.com

Keeper of the Wolves is the thirteenth book I've published in the last two years. It is very close to my heart.

Here is an excerpt:

I took a step back in surprise. He jerked his face toward me again and the tears broke free. I had never seen a man cry. He dashed them from his cheeks, then stared at the moisture on his fingertips as if shocked to see it there. He put a hand to his eyes and squeezed them tightly. His fist hit weakly against the wall. “You must think I’m insane,” he said.
But I didn’t. I knew the look in his gaze and the lost, hollow expression on his face. I had seen the same countenance only once. My chest tightened in compassion. The look had been on the face of a wolf that had just lost her mate to the impaling horns of an elk. Her golden eyes had clouded in the same fashion, her gaze lost as if the stars had vanished from the sky. She wasn’t the same after losing him, and in wolf fashion chose to live the rest of her life alone. She was a creature misplaced, her eyes always searching the edges of meadows and elusive shadows for her fallen mate.
Brayton mourned the loss of someone so dear her absence had etched itself in the lines of his face and the shadows of his eyes.
What happened to her?” I asked softly.
He closed his eyes as more tears leaked free. He leaned his head against the rough bricks; his palms rested on the stones as if they were the only real things in the world. “I loved her,” he said in a tight voice. “I loved her and he sent her away.”
Brayton fell silent. His words pressed around me, echoing the fear in my heart that I would lose Koya and ache the way he did. But there was more to his story. Agony flooded from him in a sharp wave of bitter sadness. The scent filled my nose and I tried to breathe it away, but I was too close to him for the evening breeze to chase his mourning from the air. “To someone who didn’t love her,” I guessed quietly.

chereealsop.com

Back