• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ken Kesey

nomadicfollower

I've read One Flew Over the Cuckoos (sp?) Nest and loved it.
Anway has anyone else read anything by this author? What are some other books he writes that a very good?

I've heard that "Sometimes a Great Nation" is really good. But, if you want to read ABOUT Ken Kessey, read "The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe. I just finished that book, and it was incredible.

I read "Sometimes a Great Notion" some years back and thought it was better than "Cuckoo's Nest" by a long shot. In fairness, part of what I liked was that someone I was infatuated with at the time gave me the book, and I wanted to demonstrate that our tastes were the same (see how well we would fit together as a couple?!). I was certainly wrong about that, but the book was worth reading anyway.

SAGN is set in the Pacific northwest, and like the Cascades it's moody and atmospheric. It's not an easy read, but I found it worth the effort.

I like Tom Wolfe, too, pretty much anything he's written. The "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" is a must if you are interested in Kesey.

I'm currently reading 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', I love it so far. I found a copy of 'Sometimes a Great Notion' and am planning to read it sometime, don't know when as I have lots of books sitting under the bed waiting to be read.

I heard alot about Tom Wolfe, found some of his books in local bookstores but did not try any of his books yet. What sort of books does he write?

Back