• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kinder Egg Swap

Litany

First off, I apologise for making you all fat, and for being a little monothematic today.

It's just that while arranging the great fudge swap with El Beardo Diablo today, I was suddenly inspired. You know how Kinder Surprises are sold in pretty much every country on the planet except in the US because of their strange food laws? No? Well they are. And there are differences in the toys (apparently) depending on where the egg was destined. Anyhoo, my boyfriend has long claimed that to be able to build the toy in German Kinder eggs you need an engineering degree, and I think I would like to see such a toy.

So the deal is this, if anyone in a strange and foreign land would like to send me a Kinder egg, I will send them one back in return. I'm posting this on a silly day as I'm going away for a few days, but if I don't post it now I'll forget. So, if anyone is interested, let me know, and as soon as I return I will shop for eggs and pop them in the post.

Belgian kindersurprises can be pretty dull. I like building the little cars and stuff, but sometimes there just isn't anything to be built... Like the little LOTR figurines. They were stupid.

But if you want a Belgian kindersurprise, that can be managed. (Though I wouldn't eat the chocolate; during transportation it'd probably melt all over the place.)

lies said:
But if you want a Belgian kindersurprise, that can be managed. (Though I wouldn't eat the chocolate; during transportation it'd probably melt all over the place.)

Yay! I would very much like a Belgian egg. We get a lot of the ones with no build inside too. It was ok when I was at uni and there was a lot of us all collecting together. We'd get whole sets of things then. But it's too many eggs for one person to eat, and so the collectable ones just suck now.

I will pm you next week, if I may. :)

I'm presuming a Kinder Egg from Lancashire isn't quite foreign enough for you Litany? :) I'll send you some hotpot instead. Bettys infact. Can't beat it.

Litany said:
First off, I apologise for making you all fat, and for being a little monothematic today.

It's just that while arranging the great fudge swap with El Beardo Diablo today, I was suddenly inspired. You know how Kinder Surprises are sold in pretty much every country on the planet except in the US because of their strange food laws? No? Well they are. And there are differences in the toys (apparently) depending on where the egg was destined. Anyhoo, my boyfriend has long claimed that to be able to build the toy in German Kinder eggs you need an engineering degree, and I think I would like to see such a toy.

So the deal is this, if anyone in a strange and foreign land would like to send me a Kinder egg, I will send them one back in return. I'm posting this on a silly day as I'm going away for a few days, but if I don't post it now I'll forget. So, if anyone is interested, let me know, and as soon as I return I will shop for eggs and pop them in the post.

I recall reading somewhere that they don't have them in the U.S because it is in contravention of some health and safty law. In other words, they are afraid some dumb kid will swallow it, choke, and they get sued.

In America? Imagine that! :D

But apparently they do make Kinders in two separate halves for certain places on the planet, so the US could have that sort. Only I think they don't like having the small parts either. It's a bit bloody obvious when you've got to the toy though. There's that bright yellow egg in the middle that's a total fecker to open. No one's going to be swallowing by accident. :rolleyes:

I quite like hotpot, actually.

Aaaah see but that egg can be quite tricky to open - maybe people started using their teeth to open it, and accidently swallowed half of it when it pinged apart?

Freya said:
Aaaah see but that egg can be quite tricky to open - maybe people started using their teeth to open it, and accidently swallowed half of it when it pinged apart?
Maybe. And then the toy pings up their nose and they can't breath?

Back