• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kindles, Beaches and Bathtubs...oh my

Alix

OK, so I read in the tub. Always have, always will. Now that I have the Kindle I see no reason to stop this practice. I just put the Kindle in a big Ziploc and away I go. I did the same thing by the pool and on the beach (for the three minutes my Kindle survived Mexico!).

My DH walked into the bathroom and saw me reading this way and thinks I'm nuts. He says it won't save the Kindle if I drop it. I say it will at least give me a minute or so to save it that I wouldn't otherwise have.

It makes perfect sense to me. Anyone else do weird stuff like this?

I just put the Kindle in a big Ziploc and away I go. I did the same thing by the pool and on the beach (for the three minutes my Kindle survived Mexico!).

My DH walked into the bathroom and saw me reading this way and thinks I'm nuts. He says it won't save the Kindle if I drop it. I say it will at least give me a minute or so to save it that I wouldn't otherwise have.

It makes perfect sense to me. Anyone else do weird stuff like this?

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos supposedly uses a ziploc bag too, so I should think you're pretty safe.

Back