• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

La fille sur le pont (The girl on the bridge)

Sabenankh

Has anyone seen this movie? I did and liked it very much, so much that it made it to the top of my favourite movies list.
The main characters are played by Vanessa Paradis ( she is such a talented actress, such a shame that she gave up on it) and by my favourite french actor, Daniel Auteuil(ok maybe he's up there on the first place next to Jean Reno, but still).
It is such a beautiful movie i almost don't have words to describe it, it's about love and luck and finding one's way in life.
It's filmed in black and white and that adds to the atmosphere.
Looking forward to hearing what you think!

I saw it not long ago. At the beginning my feelings for it were lukewarm but in the end it had won me over because of the mood. It's a beautiful movie but it's not very subtle in effects.

Daniel Auteuil is a nice actor. I liked him very much in 'Sade'. He's very good at sardonic characters, does he play anything else?

He played a wide range of characters from drama "La veuve de Saint-Pierre", adventure "Le Bossu" and comedy "Apres-Vous".
And i loved him in "Sade" as well, i think it's one of the parts that fit him the best.

Daniel Auteuil was in Jean de Florette & Manon Des Sources as well.

It's a few years since I saw 'The Girl on the Bridge', at the insistance of an old girlfriend of mine, but I seem too remember enjoying it. It's a Partrice LeConte film and I like some of his other films too, namely 'The Hairdresser's Husband' and 'L'Homme du Train', both of which star my favourite French actor Jean Rochefort.

Back