• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last Resort. LF old kids book with time travel and dinosaurs.

Blacklight

This is a long shot, but I read this book series (I believe there were three of them) when I was in the 5th grade back in like 1979 or 1980 and I'm looking for it again.
The thing is.. it's been so long that I can't remember the author or the titles which is going to make things really difficult. I'm posting all over to see if anyone by chance has a memory of or knows these books.

I seem to remember it being a thicker book with chapters (Maybe about 40 pages..maybe less).

It was about a bunch of kids who liked to hang out at this museum. In the museum, there were several detailed dinosaur exibits. The exibits were built by some genius inventer and were actually puzzle time machines. Hidden in each display was a lever usually disguised as something like a reed or a branch. When the lever was thrown, whoever is standing in the exibit goes back in time to that time period.

I recall the first couple books dealt with the age of dinosaurs. I remember the girl who was with the group of kids decided to stay behind in the dinosaur age and the rest of the kids left without her. In the next book, the kids went back through another exhibit durring the beginning of the dinosaur extinction and found the girl deathly ill.

I don't know what book it was in, but I also have a vague memory of one of the hidden levers getting broken off when they went into the other world and they had to try to figure out a way to fix it from the inside.

I know this isn't much to go on, but like I said, this is a last ditch effort that I'm tossing out here for the hell of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe the Dinosaur Machines series, by Eve Bunting?

"When one of them pulls the lever on the museum's dinosaur display, three children are transported back to a prehistoric dinosaur land."

Back