• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Legolas over-rated?

Drizzt Do'Urden

I really beleive Legolas is over rated. I think his popularity comes from his looks in the movie alone. The only Legolas parts I even liked where the Gimli-Legolas competitions.

What do you think?

Are you talking about Legolas' role in the film, or his role in the book, or both?

Cheers

Well, basically both. Everybody I know that has read the books (Those lucky few) love Legolas ever since they've seen him in the film. I think that Orlando Bloom just brought attention to him if you catch my drift

I agree. It was Bloom who brought attention to his character and he did a fantastic job of it, considering how small and confined role it is. He might never be one of Hollywood's greats, but he can tell entire stories with one facial expression, which is something that most stars couldn't do if their life depended on it.

I really thought the movies dissapointed, especcially The Fellowship. They cut scenes like they were weeds if you get what I'm saying. lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. But really, they had no choice. It was either cut scenes or film the Neverending Movie. I think they did well considering the material they had to work with.

dele said:
Ibut he can tell entire stories with one facial expression

You've got to be joking! OK, he might have a certain boyish charm, but he's only got one facial expression. That one scene in The Return of the King, where he goes "You mean... a diversion?" ruined Legolas for me.

Lies is the point. Aren't you, Lies?

I thought Orlando was ok at being an elf (although he did piss me off a bit), but when I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, he was just about exactly the same character but in a different costume. Pretty goddam disappointing. :mad:

I think he is there for the girls to look at, man ;)

He pissed me off too! Hi can act as well as bricks can fly.

Haha, yeah you're probably right again dude! And for the gay guys. I might try chucking some bricks tomorrow infact, to see how well they actually fly! Do you know that it's impossible to walk on water, but it is possible to walk on custard?

LOL yeah, but elves are mostly gay anyway. Although I thought Legolas took the elves to a new level of gayness :D

Anyway, let the women ( and the gays ) have him. We have Liv Tyler to look at :D ;)

Hehe, how do you know I'm not gay? Unfortunately, I'm not - but I do tend to tell everyone I'm bisexual, so I'm sort of half way there. Well... in all honesty I'm actually just straight, but I like to sort of sit on the fence a lot. That way I don't immediately fit into either one side or the other.

Anyway... enough of my goddam ramblings... Liv Tyler looks absolutely irresistable when she first appears on the road to Rivendell. My lungs and everything sort of fall out of my stomach when I see her! Éowyn's gorgeous aswell, and I think Rose is also pretty nice! I think Cate Blanchett is gorgeous in real life, but not in The Lord of the Rings, unfortunately. And also... that woman from Rohan who has to send her kids away to Helm's Deep on that horse - she's pretty gorgeous! I think that's just about covered all the women in it, :D! Who have I missed out?

lol

Not fitting in is always good :D Although, you should stop sitting on the fence because you will get piles :p

Back