• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lilith Saintcrow: Working for the Devil

Anamnesis

Necromancer Dante Valentine is summoned to work for Lucifer. An object of great power has been stolen from Hell by the demon Vardimal. Dante accepts the task, even though she knows Vardimal will be hard to find and even harder to kill.

Right from the first page, I was hooked by Devil. Saintcrow offers up a unique world and a plot that always engages the reader. My only complaint deals with the romance that develops in the book's latter half. It's brief, thankfully, but I've become tired of the whole paranormal romance thing.

I used to hope paranormal-themed novels would become really popular. This was long before Twilight and its ilk dominated the bestseller lists. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I was even familiar with the idea of paranormal romance. I guess Anne Rice's work could fit under that label, but that's stretching it.

Back