• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lisa Gardner

Geenh

A few days ago, I finished reading "The Perfec Husband" by Lisa Gardner. I knew I had read one of her books before, but it had magically disappeared from my bookcase. I see in one of my booklovers catalogue that she's written a new book. I buy this used one... it really, really sucked! Romantic crime thriller? Ugh! I'm sorry if this offends anyone, maybe she's your favourite author. I groaned through the entire thing and now know where my other Lisa Gardner went, in the rubbish!

Geenh said:
A few days ago, I finished reading "The Perfec Husband" by Lisa Gardner. I knew I had read one of her books before, but it had magically disappeared from my bookcase. I see in one of my booklovers catalogue that she's written a new book. I buy this used one... it really, really sucked! Romantic crime thriller? Ugh! I'm sorry if this offends anyone, maybe she's your favourite author. I groaned through the entire thing and now know where my other Lisa Gardner went, in the rubbish!

Yeah, I agree, not long finished The Killing Hour; the main character is a Clarice Starling from Silence of The Lambs wannabe, but dumbed down and on the pull! :p

Yes. The women she writes about are fairly 'dumb'. I hate that! Nicci French does a fanastic job with (their) women! They get terrorised but they aren't so unbelievably dense as some authors make them out to be.

I'm trying to think of the name of that woman.... I gave her sooo many chances to write about a strong woman and she fell flat each and every time. I'll think on it...

Geenh said:
Yes. The women she writes about are fairly 'dumb'. I hate that! Nicci French does a fanastic job with (their) women! They get terrorised but they aren't so unbelievably dense as some authors make them out to be.

I'm trying to think of the name of that woman.... I gave her sooo many chances to write about a strong woman and she fell flat each and every time. I'll think on it...

That's weird, I've not long read Land of the Living and I agree with you on that one as well :) Didn't like the story that much, but liked the character...

You didn't like the story because of the contect or the writing? I think they write really well! I haven't read one of theirs since their last one came out... it was Secret Smile. They have a new one coming out this year. YAY!

Geenh said:
You didn't like the story because of the contect or the writing? I think they write really well! I haven't read one of theirs since their last one came out... it was Secret Smile. They have a new one coming out this year. YAY!

Liked the style of writing, and the character, but the plot was just a bit random and i didn't like the ending. Would definately give them another go though...any recommendations?

:)

TRY 'Beneath the Skin". Freaky. Let me know what you think. I have HEAPS of recommendations!

PS That's one weird thing I find about this forum... people don't like personal messages (I've only tried it with one person) but it's difficult to talk about a specific book/genre/whatever when I work full-time and study part-time. I want to talk specifically about certain books and when I come online, it's hard to get through the threads.

Let us not forget that I read A LOT.

Geenh said:
TRY 'Beneath the Skin". Freaky. Let me know what you think. I have HEAPS of recommendations!

PS That's one weird thing I find about this forum... people don't like personal messages (I've only tried it with one person) but it's difficult to talk about a specific book/genre/whatever when I work full-time and study part-time. I want to talk specifically about certain books and when I come online, it's hard to get through the threads.

Let us not forget that I read A LOT.

Thanks, will check it out, have been thinking of giving them another go for ages :) Don't know about the personal messages, quite new on here and haven't pm'd anyone. Hey, Pm me, I love that I'm getting book recommendations from people in Austrialia when I should be working!! :) :)

I, too, access this site from work. My secretary will say "Hello, you really do have to get back to Mr or Mrs. Whatever". I'm typing away... that's why my sentences look short and my thoughts unfinished.

Hi. My name is G and I am a Book Forum addict.

I really love this author. I've read 3 of her books now (The Killing Hour, The Third Victim, The Survivors Club) and I feel saddened when I finish the books because theres nothing more to read! I don't get to live with the characters anymore!

So I thought i'd start a thread about her books, i'm interested to hear from anyone else that has read any of her books, as at the moment, I don't know anyone that has read them, or anyone that even would (gee i have dull friends).

Let me know what you thought of them :)

I have not read the Perfect Husband, infact it is the last book by her I have left to read. IMO she is GREAT. I love ALL the Quency series books, which one was that bad to you? Do you recall the name? ITA that there are parts in one of them that is not all that good and perhaps that is the one... I am not sure of your interest in book type prefrences, but if you like more Mystery then her Quency series tends to be the best. She only has about 9 books out I think.. I do own all of them but have not ever really counted them.

I'm a big Lisa Gardner fan ... I like her books and the endings to them. She's probably considered a lightweight in the industry but if you want a good book to enjoy that won't tax your brain, I'd recommend her.

Back