• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

List Making - software, program etc.

short_circuit

Hi
I would like to organise and make a list of all the novels I need to read or am interested in. I have tried to write them down on paper but I lost that, I tried to write and save the list on ms word but its too jumbled and hard to organise. So I was asking if anyone knows any good programs that I can use to create and organise lists?

There are so many software in market that can be used to make the list of the projects.I think MS-Excel is also a good option for creating list of the programs.

I second MS Excel and a USB flash drive.

Excel is on most library computers, so you can work on your book list at least an hour a day (in the United States). Excel lets you sort the columns, so you can sort your book list by author, title, or published date. You can have different worksheets for upcoming books, books at the library, books you’ve already read, etc.

If you have one of the Microsoft Home versions, you can download Excel Reader from Microsoft.com for free. That lets you view, search, and print your Excel worksheets. Or you can pay to get Microsoft Profession, which lets you edit Excel. The older versions of Excel are easier to work with than the newest version (Excel 2010).

I know there are some websites that allow you to keep book lists. You might check that out. I’ve read about them at this forum, so some of the people here have used them.

You could use the blog here.

Wow, the original question is from 2007. I just noticed it after I posted my reply. I hate replying to such an old post.
Didn't mean to.

Gilgamesh said:
I hate replying to such an old post.Didn't mean to.
Nothing wrong with that. On a question like this there may be some more current info someone can add.

Ok, if you have one of those fancy iPhone/iPad doohickeys there are plenty of book cataloging software you could use. I'm pretty sure if you have Android-y doohickeys you could find similar apps as well.

The advantage you have over using something like Excel is the ISBN lookup function - you simply key in the ISBN number, or scan it in if you have the abovementioned doohickeys that are equipped with a camera, and it automatically fetches the book info off of the internet. You can then export your catalog into an Excel sheet, where you can do all the massaging of data that you can handle.

I use Book Crawler, and having quite a blast doing it (also turning a little into a chore, because by books are dusty, hours suddenly disappear when I'm supposed to be cataloging, etc, etc).

Back