• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

List your least favorite King novels

Misery<------best of worst
Tommyknockers
Cujo
Desperation
The Regulators
Gerald's Game <--------worst of worst

Gerald's Game is the worst book I've ever read, end of story. I wasn't really impressed with Cujo either. And I'm not into those Dark Tower series books either.

id have to say rose matter was my least favorite king novel, it wasnt terrible but i just thought it could have been better, and he kinda took it in the wrong direction towards the end in my opinion, but thats kinda normal with him

I guess it would be proper for me to list my least favorite King novels:

From a Buick 8 (liked it somewhat)

That's all I can think of for now.

I have read just one of King's novels and thats my worst! I read 'Bag of Bones' and decided I won't read any of his novels.

It's strange how some King books considered as some people's favorites, can end up as another's least favorite.

I'e only read a few of King's books... but I'd have to say my least favourite out of what I've read so far would have to be Cujo.

My least favorites would have to be Rose Madder and Insomnia. There are some others that are kind of blah but those two were just painful.

The Tommyknockers
Bag of Bones
Cujo
Hearts in Atlantis
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
The Dark Half

Sanyuja, don't let Bag of Crap... er, Bones, put you off - King has written lots of really good stuff! If I'd read that one as my first, I'd be put off too, but you'll be missing out on some excellent writing. :)

I am a King fan, but thought The Tommyknockers was proof that he could get his laundry list published. I thought it was crap. There were inconsistencies in the uninteresting plot, and I thought the story was weak.

Second worst would have to be a toss up between Needful Things and It. Neither are without their charm, but both had endings that seemed to be glued-on. I thought he took the easy way out in both of them.

wow some of these answers suprised me alot, ive been told that hearts of atlantis is one of his best. and i really liked it. and as far as bag of bones goes, i didnt read it but had it on cd, and really enjoyed it. it just goes to show different peoples taste , witch is pretty cool

That is interesting... I liked Hearts in Atlantis, too, and also enjoyed Bag of Bones.

I guess that is why ice cream comes in 31 different flavors!

mmmmm... ice creammm....

I feel like a bit of an ass for posting here, but not in the other one, but wottahey.

Tommyknockers always gets credit from me for being the book that finally convinced me that it's OK to give up on a book. I still remember it - I was in high school, stayed up late reading in bed. Closed the book. Traced the silly embossed cover with a finger. Wondered why the hell I kept reading this wretched tripe. Never opened it again.
What a feeling!

Not too much later, I gave up on Needful Things as well. I guess those two would thus be my worst King reads, as they're the ones I've been unable to finish. I'd add The Gunslinger, but I never went past page 5 of that, so it'd feel dishonest.

Oddly, I didn't mind Gerald's Game all that much. Nothing great, but I was genuinely creeped out by a couple of bits in it. Most King books are very middle o' the road for me though. I've read many, but not been particularly enthused by most. It's mainly his early novels and short stories that do it for me.

steven king

steven king books always start well but on every book of his i have read the endings are so so poor,its such a shame :cool:

I haven't read anything of his since Insomnia - while it was a perfect cure for literal insomnia it was dull, and the books he's written since then (Rose Madder, Bag of Bones, From A Buick 8, etc.) have failed to grab my attention despite getting a few chapters (typically) into them.

Insomnia was a strange one for me... I read it and didn't like it much at all, but a few years later I re-read it and really enjoyed it. It's the only King book I've ever changed my opinion of.

Back