• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Literary Quiz 2006

Tanjil

Hello! I've been doing a literary quiz on the year 2006, which has gone reasonably well, but there are a couple of questions that have just completely baffled me. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out here...
(By the way, I'm English - so a lot of these books may not be published in the States)

The question that got me were:

1. Which novel of 2006: A suburban Fascist revolution was staged in the site of an iconic 1930s racing circuit. Name the title and author.

2. Which book of 2006 is the following: two artists shared a colourful, if turbulent, home of their own in what is now a holiday region. Name the book about their experiences and the book's author.

3. The following writer died in 2006: She located the creme de la creme of Edinburgh and teh devil in South London.

4. A book was published in 1906 that had to wait 100 years for a follow-up. Name both authors and titles.

5. A Noble Laureate embarked on a series of novels in 1906 that was still causing controversy 60 years later. Name the 1st volume.

Back