• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Living With Uncle Sam

Laurie Haley

Having spent two years living in California USA, and then returned to my native England, I was constantly being asked by my friends what America was really like.

As I thought it would be easier in the long run to write down my experiences and then say ' read my book' I did just that.

When the book was completed I did submit it to a number of publishers but had no luck in getting it into print.

I decided then to put the fruits of my labour onto the internet for anyone to read free of charge.

It may not be the best book ever written, but it is informative, and hopefully you'll find some of the humour to your liking.

Here's the address to the site.
homepage.ntlworld.com/lau.../index.htm

If you do take the trouble to read any of it please feel free to send feedback to laurie2605@hotmail.com

Laurie, you should only really post one thread for a subject, not two :) Double posting in different forums is generally frowned upon.

Also, if you want to change something in a post, you can use the edit button (bottom right of each post), so that you dont have to keep making new posts :)

Hope this helps

Phil

Sorry

Sorry. As a new user on this forum, I didn't realise there was a specific message board for writer's submissions, which is why I ended up posting it twice.

I also didn't realise about the edit button. Most other message boards I've been on don't allow you to go back and edit your messages.

Thanks for the advice and mea culpa !

Laurie

Dont be Sorry be Happy

La, lala lalala lalalala, la lalalala, lalala :D

Glad i could help!! Welcome to the Boards btw!!

Phil :)

Back