• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Long Ago A Moonboat"?

lizalot

I'm wondering about this book that I received as a kid, it's called--or rather it's the first sentence of the book, but it serves as a title--"Long Ago A Moonboat". It then continues on the cover with "was blown through the dark night toward a range of razor-sharp mountains". I don't know much about it really, but it is one of the most imaginative children's books that I've ever come across.

The copyright date is 1974, to a fellow by the name of Christopher Carroll and published by Silver Dog Press. That's all I know, really. But the illustrations are as captivating to me now as they were when I got this book. If you or your child have an artistic flair, this is a joy of a book. Young children may have trouble following the dialogue, but the pictures are engaging enough in my opinion.

But if anyone out there knows anything about this book or the author, any information would be appreciated.

Back