• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Long shot... need help finding book

Haven

Hey - I read this book about 15 years ago. It was the first book (I think) in a series, and I only read the first one. I don't remember the title or author. (It doesn't help that I was about 10 years old.) Here's some snippets of what I remember.

Humanity lived in the northern part of the world, which was protected by these towers of light that were starting to fail. On the other side of these towers were some evil creatures that had not been identified.

There were two princes, and one of the princes was thought to be dead, but in reality had been raised by the evil thingies on the other side of the wall. The evil thingies hatched an old switcheroo, and prince A now found himself stuck on the evil thingy side, with prince B on the humanity side.

I also remember a blademaster (I don't think that's what they called him, though), some guy sleeping with some girl whose father was some kind of nobility - this girl kept trying to get him to sleep around.

Hmmm... I seem to remember them mentioning Hastur, even though I searched through the synopses for the Darkover novels and couldn't find this plot. In the book, someone said to a king that since he was a great man, he may be reborn as a Hastur.

Can anyone help me?

"The Heritage of Hastur", by Marion Zimmer Bradley? That's the title I 've founded on amazon, but I don't know if it corresponds...

Back