• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for 70s childrens book

Brian D

Hi, I'm trying to track down two childrens book that I read as a child in the 70s. It's really for nostalgia reasons. I'd love to read them again.

Unfortuantely I can't rememebr too much about the books but I'll list what I know.

The first book my mother bought for me sometime between about 1977-1980. I lived in Victoria BC Canada at the time. It was a childrens book, it wasn't too long ( more of a "booklet" I think, it was compirised of colour illustrations (probably watercolour) with captions, and was about the adventures of a prehistoric man. The only scenes I remember vividly were about a volcano erupting, and about him building a raft and sailing across the sea. Quite a sketchy recollection I know.

Secondly I read a book aroud the 1973-75 period whicich had something to do with railways. The pictures weren't drawings, but photogaphs of scale models, albeit with more of a "cutesy" look to them than a realistic one. I'm pretty sure that one of the trains was carrying coal. And there were also scenes with small animals, which I think had them on the banks of the railway line looking at the trains. It too was quite short (ie not many pages) And it was hardcover, I'm sure.

So there it is, a couple of vague clues as to what the books were. I wish I could remember more. And memory can play tricks so I only wanted to list what I'm almost 100% sure about, rather than throwing anyone further off the scent with false clues.

I hope someone could help. :)

Back