• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book for 6 months!!! :(

Xemaniac

I've been looking for a book I read approx. 3 years ago and I cant remember the Title NOR the Author.:(

It's about a caucasian woman who gets a child with an Indian man in India.
Her father dissaproves of it and she gives him away.
You follow his life on the street etc. When he grows up he detests his mother so much that he starts seducing women as a gigolo and kills them.

The thing that might help u all is the end. It ends with his sister breaking him out of prison and putting him in the back of a van, and there she has put a snake that Squeezes him to death.

I really liked the book so PLZZZZZZ if u know which one it is contact me which ever way possible!!!!!

/Xem :D

The first half sounded like Hari Kunzru's The Impressionist. But the second half just sounds mental...

Have you thought about doing a 'search inside' search on Amazon.com? There can't be that many novels with snake, van, gigolo, Indian, etc as keywords...

I'd say whatever this ^^^ book is, it certainly qualifies for the "weirdest book you ever read" thread eh? :eek:

:D

: )

Lol...it sounds very strange when i write about it but it really isnt that strange. The anaconda thing has an explanation in the book but its too long to tell :)

And I cant remember much of the book so it sounds even more strange explaining it.

When i saw that someone had replied to my thread i thought someone had an answer...but "oh the dissapointment" :(

Lol

I do admit it sounds strange...but IF i ever find out which one it is then u guys have to read it to see that it really isnt that bad :D

Just so frustrated 4 not finding it :(

Very true

It was the ending that was cool...!

I dont know if u guys have ever looked 4 a book u dont remember the title/author, it really is a pain piecing together the little things u do remember.

I will find the freaking book if it's the last thing i do!

"Two Beers or not two Beers" Shakesbeers

Okay then. Give us more to go on: How old was this book? Paperback or hardback? Cover? Point of view? Female or male author? Long? Short? And most importantly, if we do help you to identify this book, you have to stick around long enough to help the next I-may-have-read-it-in-my-dreams-booksearcher.

Do we have your solemn promise?

"X my heart hope to die!" :) I'll b here!

I think it was written around 90's...probably 95-99. Paperback,Male author, Probably 400-500pages.

If i remember it right the book starts with the Murderers father watching his sons trial on the tele. His son had got his revenge on him too and i think(if i remember)right cut his leggs of. LOL it does sound like a horrible book :D

He finds out where his mother is but when he gets to(england?) he finds out she is dead, he was the one who wanted to kill her but it wasnt meant to b, but he finds out he has a sister and she looks very much like his mother and he fools her and in the end tries to kill her.

He goes to prison and his sister helps him break out, gives him clothes that smell like pigs so that the snake in the van would think he is a pig and decide to eat him. That is her revenge 4 the bad stuff he did to her.
She had a pet snake when she was young so she liked them, thereof the snake thing...might sound strange but it makes a good ending.

U follow his alife a little on the streets growing up and in an orphanage etc.

He seduces rich women 4 their money and kills them, not all bur some cause he hates women cause he was abandoned as a child.

Thats about what i remember!!! I've tried Amazon, google etc hehe strange that a book makes u go crazy like this hehe

LOL! LOL! LOL! When i read everything i wrote i saw that it sounds like a psycho book with all that killing going on and snakes and leggless fathers LOL! LOL! LOL!

Back