• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book...

hellow212

I've already made a topic about this book, but I thought that maybe someone new might see this one and know what I'm talking about.

This book opens with a line to the effect of "I have never been able to cry," and centers around a boy in his teens, maybe 16 or 17. He wakes up to find that he is in the middle of some kind of operation in a hospital, but all the doctors have guns. He looks at his stomach, which is opened, and sees a plastic-like something inside of it. The doctors are talking about him like he's an android, or half machine, only he has no idea if what they're saying is true or not.

He escapes by getting a gun from one of the doctors and using it to barter his way out and eventually meets a girl (I don't remember how) and they end up being on the run from the doctors (who are some kind of government group, they're trying to kill him). They end up in Spain at the end of the book, and they think that they've gotten away finally. The boy comes home one day to find his girlfriend being held hostage and she gets killed. He escapes somehow, maybe by killing his girlfriend's murderer, I don't know. But then the book ends with the same line from the beginning "I have never been able to cry."

I read this book less than a year ago, I know that. I just can't remember the name of it, or the author or anything like that. If anyone knows what book this is, or a better way to search for it, please let me know. Thanks.

Back